File Immigration Forms Online

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) allows its customers to file immigration forms online but not all forms can be filed online. There are certain eligibility requirements to e-file immigration forms. Applicants who are ineligible to file their forms online need to file paper forms.

E-filing is the best option for you if you are eligible to file immigration forms online. You can easily file your form while at home. You need not get a paper form and complete it by hand. Also, if you make mistakes while completing the paper form by hand you will have to start over with a new form. But you need not worry if you make mistakes while completing your form online as you can easily correct the mistakes.

You can pay the filing fee with your credit or debit card when you e-file your form. Moreover, you need not wait for the USCIS to send you an application receipt notice. That is because an application receipt notice will be generated soon after you file your form online and pay the required fee.

The confirmation notice you receive after you file your form online will include the list of supporting documents that you need to provide and the address to which those documents must be sent. You will have to send the required supporting documents within 7 business days to the address on the confirmation receipt.

USCIS will not process your application if you do not provide the required supporting documents. They will send you a Request for Evidence (RFE) and if you fail to respond to the RFE, your application will be denied. USCIS will also not refund the filing fee you paid.

You cannot file your form online if you are requesting a fee waiver. In that case, you can only file the paper form.

Following are the forms that can be filed online. Though these forms are available for online filing, you need to read the form filing instructions and file the form online only after you make sure that you are eligible for online filing.

  • Form I-90 – Application to Replace Permanent Residence Card
  • Form I-131 – Application for Travel Document
  • Form I-140 – Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
  • Form I-526 – Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur
  • Form I-539 – Application To Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status
  • Form I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization
  • Form I-821 – Application for Temporary Protected Status
  • Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service